"Python" is not a good name, should rename to "Athon"

Tommy Grav tgrav at mac.com
Mon Dec 3 14:13:10 EST 2007

On Dec 3, 2007, at 2:04 PM, Tóth Csaba wrote:

> Russ P. írta:
>>> Python name is not funny for me. Even the Monty Python, because
>>> its hard
>>> to translate their jokes, and in my country they are not so popular.
>>> Just a few ppl knows them.
>>
>> I've heard it helps to be stoned out of your mind (i.e., under the
>> influence of illegal drugs), but I don't necessarily recommend it.
>
> back from jokes, im _really_ interested what is core developers,
> mainly
> Guido's opinion about the name change.

I can;t speak for Guido, but believe me when I say that a name change
will not happen!!!! Python is a successful and entrenched name brand.
It makes not sense in the world to change it.

As mentioned before, searching for "Python" in google returns 7 of the
top 10 links to be Python programming links.

This is just "a dead horse", stop beating it!

Cheers
   TG