Another newbie design question

bambam david at asdf.asdf
Tue Dec 18 00:35:35 EST 2007

Original languages were line oriented, newer languages were
block oriented.

Original languages has line comments. Newer languages had
block comments, and had line comments added back in.

So I would read that as line comments being more fundamental,
but people who used line comments got so sick of them that
they thought block comments would be a good idea.

(david)

news:1dd387df-d4c8-495d-8d58-695033cbfffc at e6g2000prf.googlegroups.com...