Where best to put local modules?

tinnews at isbd.co.uk tinnews at isbd.co.uk
Wed Dec 19 12:02:20 EST 2007

I'm just beginning to create some python modules for my own use and
I'm wondering where to put them.  Initially I have put them in
$HOME/bin and I have set PYTHONPATH to point to them there.  It all
seems to be OK but I was wondering if I might be storing up problems
for the future by putting python modules in with my odds and sods of
shell scripts etc. (and with my python 'main' scripts).

Would I be better off putting the modules somewhere else, e.g.
somewhere like $HOME/lib/python?

--
Chris Green