Static linking of python and pyqt

Markus Dahlbokum dahlbokum at intes.de
Wed Dec 19 05:47:45 EST 2007

> > I'm trying to link python statically with qt and pyqt. I've tried this in
> > several ways but never succeeded. At the moment the final make runs
> > without errors but I get import errors when accessing pyqt.
> > How can I solve this problem?
>
> You'll need to include QtCore into Modules/config.c, preferably by
> adding it to Modules/Setup.local.
>
> HTH,
> Martin

I tried this in combination with the QtCore libs from pyqt. But there seems to
be a conflict between the pyqt package and the linked libs. Therefore I tried
to link only qt statically and import pyqt dynamically. But in the
Setup.local you need to specify a module:

<module> <lib>

I just want the qt libs linked to the interpreter without accessing them by a
module. I tried the configure option '--with-libs='lib ...''. The make did
fine but the executable is too small and the qt symbols are not known by it.
How can I just link qt statically?

Thank you.

Markus