list in a tuple

Wildemar Wildenburger lasses_weil at klapptsowieso.net
Thu Dec 27 14:20:01 EST 2007

Subject:   Re: list in a tuple
Bcc:
Newsgroup: comp.lang.python
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=# Don't remove this line #=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
http://filoxus.blogspot.com/2007/12/python-3000-how-mutable-is-immutable.html#links
 > (im not trying to advertise my blog, I just don't feel like
 > typing the whole problem all over again)?

 From that post:
 > Ok, I do admit that doing

 > a[0].append(2)
 >
 > also doesn't throw an error, but this only confuses me more.

Why? You mutate the list, but the tuple does not change. It is still a
tuple of a list and an int. At least that's how I think about it, and I
seem to recall reading that beavior justified like this (don't ask me
where though (might have been "Dive Into Python", but maybe not)).

/W