i18n questions

Donn Ingle donn.ingle at gmail.com
Sat Dec 29 11:20:23 EST 2007

Thorsten Kampe wrote:

> gettext.textdomain('optparse')
> gettext.install('script', unicode = True)

They speak of a 'global' domain in the docs, but (as is my usual beef with
the Python docs -- see PHP docs for sterling help) there is no clarity.

It *sounds* like there can be a .mo file for *everything* and then one can
also install others on a per-script/module basis, as your code seems to
suggest.

All very confusing.

I have had an entire day to stew and I spent it combining all my po files
into one big file. Now I install that once, and efficiency be damned.

 Still, I'm interested in what's possible and I'll give your approach a
whirl.

Don't let the thread die yet, c'mon you i18n boffins!

Thanks,
\d