Can I embed Windows Python in C# or VC++?

grbgooglefan ganeshborse at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 21:27:15 EST 2007

I want to use Python's Windows (python25.dll) version to embed in my
C# (or atleast VC++) program for performing syntax checks on the
Python expressions which are later supposed to be evaluated at runtime
by another C++ program

For this, I would like to use CPython API functions such as
Py_Initialize, PyModule_New, PyModule_GetDict, PyRun_String,
PyObject_GetAttrString, PyObject_CallObject, PyTuple_SetItem & other
similar functions from my C#/ VC++ program on Windows.

I have installed Python251.msi on my Desktop.
Can I start doing the development using the include, lib & the
python25.dll files availale after installing this MSI?