Passing arguments to exe

kyosohma at gmail.com kyosohma at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 17:01:56 EST 2007

I have created what amounts to a simple GUI email sending program
using Python + wxPython. I have modified the mailto registration in
the Windows Registry so that it launches the script when someone
clicks on someone's email link in a web page.

While this works great if I create a convoluted path command as the
registry entry and pass in the email argument to the script, it
doesn't work at all if I turn my python file into an exe using py2exe.

How does one get a python file to accept arguments when said script
has been turned into an executable?

I'm sure I'm just missing something obvious. I am using Python 2.4 on
Window XP SP2.

Thanks,

Mike