Python for Java programmer

Nirav Thaker nirav.thaker at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 11:53:17 EST 2007

Yo Group,

I'm excited to learn Python as new language coming year, I consider
myself good Java developer and, not so unusually, with very limited
experience with dynamic programming languages such as Python or Ruby.

I have started with basics at http://docs.python.org, but I'm more
interested in learning philosophies in programming dynamically typed
languages, I really want to get rid of those Enterprisely weird Java
techniques.

I'm looking for good resources and a better technique to learn Python,
would appreciate book references or URLs for them (Google explodes me
with info. and I don't really have time to read all that). Also, I'm
looking forward to hack some framework or library written in Python to
get a good deal of exposure to language and class library, So it would
be great if anyone would suggest such framework as well.

Looking forward for suggestions Python community!

Thanks,
Nirav Thaker
http://blog.nirav.name