Eclipse/PyQt/Eric4 question

straub at uitikon.ch straub at uitikon.ch
Wed Dec 19 17:21:47 EST 2007

On 14 Dez., 10:59, king kikapu <aboudou... at panafonet.gr> wrote:
> On 14 Äåê, 01:09, "Fabio Zadrozny" <fabi... at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > > Hmmm...but this means that i am forced to do this for ALL .ui files on
> > > the project, either changed or not and this can slow things down...
> > > (pyuic.bat can run for one or for ALL .ui files)
> > > The goal is to find a way to automatically do this only for the
> > > changed ones, like eric does...
>
> > When you do a new builder, you can make it be run only when a file is
> > changed, and you can select as arguments only receiving the files
> > changed (build_files)... take a look at the variables to specify as
> > arguments (you could also select 'python.exe' as the external program
> > and choose some python script as argument + the files changed).
>
> > The auto-build can be specified at the build options tab.
>
> > Cheers,
>
> > Fabio
>
> Axa! I didn't know (or better, i didn't experiment enough) this...So,
> basically you tell me that this is possible on Eclipse! I will test it
> at home on the afternoon, is sounds great!- Zitierten Text ausblenden -
>
> - Zitierten Text anzeigen -

Hi -
in fact, you can do pretty much everything you have to do with pydev
in eclipse. Eclipse itself is very flexible, robust and intuitive.
pydev may be a touch too nervous, but is very supportive. It has a few
bugs, but none lethal. Only setback is that you have to pay a small
licence fee. Since I don't have a credit card, i had to switch to
eric4. Has more bugs, crashes more often and doesn't have as nice a
look-and-feel as eclipse. Loading upgrades for eric is a little bit
more complicated than in eclipse, which is extremely efficient.
Overall, eric is good enough for hobby programming where time doesn't
count as much (it's only your wife complaining, not your boss).

Regards
Bernhard