Re-installing Numeric and PIL Files

W. Watson wolf_tracks at invalid.com
Wed Feb 7 20:12:16 EST 2007

Matimus wrote:
>> For some reason Python 2.2.4 cannot find the Numeric module. It's been
>
> Is this a typo, or are you really using 2.2.4? If so, you are going to
> have to get the versions of Numeric and PIL that work with Python 2.2.
> Or, alternatively, you can install python 2.4.4 with the .msi file you
> listed. You should also be able to run that just like an executable if
> you are using Windows XP. Based on the assumption that you have Python
> 2.2 installed, this will leave you with two version of Python, which
> will work, but could be tricky. It might be best to just uninstall and
> reinstall Python.
>
> -Matt

Yes, a typo. 2.4.4.

What is installed is:
python-2.4.4.msi
PIL-1.1.5.win32-py2.4.exe
Numeric-24.2.win32-py2.4.exe

       'I think it not improbable that man, like the grub that
        prepares a chamber for the winged thing it has never seen but
        is to be, may have... destinies that he does not understand."
                              -- Oliver Wendell Holmes
--
                     Web Page: <home.earthlink.net/~mtnviews>