PYTHONPATH or any other way to set seachpath (winXP) ?

Stef Mientki S.Mientki-nospam at mailbox.kun.nl
Sun Feb 4 08:41:53 EST 2007

Inca wrote:
>> Through "My computer" | properties | advanced | Environment Variables"
>> you have to reboot.
>
> The best overall solution is the one where you modify sys.path to add
> your own custom paths,
I agree, specially in my situation that is the best solution.

  however Jussi is right in that you do not need
> to reboot. You have to restart any applications that relies on using
> the updated environment variables (in your case the Delphi program):
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/environment_variables.mspx?mfr=true

I think the problem comes from the Delphi interface,
both Idle and PyScripter reflect a change PYTHONPATH after a restart.
But my Delphi program needs a reboot :-(
I'll ask around in the Python4Delphi newsgroup.

cheers,
Stef Mientki