Broken Library Code, suggested course of action

Melih Onvural melih.onvural at gmail.com
Mon Feb 5 17:07:17 EST 2007

I've been trying to use the URLParse library, and I thought I had all
of the kinks worked out when I ran into this:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./run.py", line 130, in ?
    main()
  File "./run.py", line 126, in main
    r = crawl.crawl(p, x)
  File "/home/monvural/src/crawl.py", line 74, in crawl
    root = parser.legiturl(url)
  File "/home/monvural/src/crawl.py", line 22, in legiturl
    t = urlparse.urlparse(url)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/urlparse.py", line 50, in urlparse
    tuple = urlsplit(url, scheme, allow_fragments)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/urlparse.py", line 89, in urlsplit
    i = url.find(':')
AttributeError: 'tuple' object has no attribute 'find'

I have just recently upgraded my system to FC6, and I wasn't sure if
this was an issue of version change. Why does the urlsplit() function
work on my old station, but here I'm getting a tuple cannot find
error. I understand from looking at the docs that tuples cannot have
operations done onto them as they are immutable and sans index, but
there has to be a way to dive into the http address and parse what's
there. Thanks for any suggestions,

--Melih Onvural