book for a starter

David Brochu brochu121 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 27 11:13:12 EST 2007

From: "Wensui Liu" <liuwensui at gmail.com>
To: python-list at python.org
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 10:09:57 -0500
Subject: book for a starter
Good morning, all,

[I just start learning python and have a question regarding books for a
newbie like me.
If you are only allowed to buy 1 python book, which one will you pick? ^_^.

Thank you so much!]

- If your new to programming I would recommend reading Learning Python
(O'Reilly). Along with that the tutorial by Guido on the Python website is a
good foundation. If you have programming experience I would recommend Dive
Into Python.

Either way you probably should have Learning Python and/or Programming
Python on your bookshelf for reference if you are going to really program
using Python.