Graphs, bar charts, etc

Jan Danielsson jan.m.danielsson at gmail.com
Tue Feb 6 07:57:53 EST 2007

Hello all,

   I have some data in a postgresql table which I view through a web
interface (the web interface is written in python -- using mod_python
under apache 2.2). Now I would like to represent this data as graphs,
bar charts, etc.

   I know about matplotlib, and it seemed like exactly what I was
looking for. I tried importing it in my script, but it gave me some
error about a home directory not being writable. I'm not sure I like the
idea of it require to be able to write somewhere. Am I using it wrong?

   Is there something else I can use which can produce graphs easily?

--
Kind regards,
Jan Danielsson