Python new user question - file writeline error

Bruno Desthuilliers bdesth.quelquechose at free.quelquepart.fr
Wed Feb 7 18:37:29 EST 2007

James a écrit :
> On Feb 7, 4:59 pm, "Shawn Milo" <S... at Milochik.com> wrote:

(snip)

>>I'm pretty new to Python myself, but if you'd like help with a
>>Perl/regex solution, I'm up for it. For that matter, whipping up a
>>Python/regex solution would probably be good for me. Let me know.
>>
>>Shawn
>

> Thank you very much for your kind offer.
> I'm also coming from Perl myself - heard many good things about Python
> so I'm trying it out - but it seems harder than I thought :(

If I may comment, Python is not Perl, and trying to solve things the
Perl way, while still possible, may not be the best idea (I don't mean
Perl is a bad idea in itself - just that it's another language with
another way to do things).

Here, doing the parsing oneself - either manually as james did or with
regexps - is certainly not as easy as with Perl, and IMHO not the
simplest way to go, when the csv module can take care of parsing and
formatting CSV files and the datetime module of parsing and formatting
dates.

Just my 2 cents...