Help Required for Choosing Programming Language

Diez B. Roggisch deets at nospam.web.de
Sun Feb 18 10:04:27 EST 2007

Stef Mientki schrieb:
>>> - designing the GUI will cost me about 2 .. 3 times as much in Python
>>
>> You mean delphi here I presume?
> No, but if that's your believe ..

I'm sorry, that was a misreading of mine.

> Some examples:
> - Creating a treeview (like in the M$ explorer), with full edit
> capabilities and full drag & drop
> facilities: Delphi takes about 40 lines of code (most of them even ^C ^V).

As does Qt.

> - Creating a graphical overview of relations between database tables,
> which can be graphical
> manipulated by the user (like in M$ Access): Delphi 20 lines of code.
> I wonder what this costs in Python ?

Qt has data-aware classes, albeit I didn't play with them.

> I've been using Python for just 2 months, and didn't try any graphical
> design,
> I've other priorities first.

May I cite you:

"""
- Python is not capable of doing everything I need
(almost all interactive actions are very primitive and crashes a lot)
"""

To me, that sounded like you were talking about gui-design.

Diez