python shelve on win vs unix

Tor Erik Soenvisen toreriks at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 9 06:06:24 EST 2007

Hi,

Have a problem using shelve on windows and unix. While my windows box
supports dbhash, my unix box supports gdbm, and neither supports what the
other does. The problem arises when I try to use the shelve generated in
unix on my windows box.

Hoepfully there are alternatives to installing the berkeley db (needed by
dbhash) on unix, which I'm looking at now. I'm no unix guru and would
probably use "forever" to get it up and running.

Any suggestions for a quick and dirty solution (such as alternatives to
shelve for persistent storage) to this problem would be appreciated.

regards, Tor Erik