Help Required for Choosing Programming Language

Stef Mientki S.Mientki-nospam at mailbox.kun.nl
Sat Feb 17 03:11:54 EST 2007

Peter Decker wrote:
> On 2/16/07, Stef Mientki <S.Mientki-nospam at mailbox.kun.nl> wrote:
>
>> In one of the other threads, Dabo was meant as a GUI designer,
>> I tried it yesterday,
>> and although it looks very promising,
>> at the moment this is not a graphical design environment,
>> just a complex (compared to Delphi) design environment with graphical
>> feedback.
>> Just my 2 cents ;-)
>
> Dabo is indeed a work in progress. They are developing the various
> tools now to get people started, but have plans for a full graphical
> IDE in the manner of Delphi or Visual Studio.
>
> You can complain that this free tool developed by volunteers in their
> spare time isn't as polished as a commercial tool backed by large
> corporations that can afford large paid staffs.
Sorry, but I didn't complain !!
I just wrote down my observations.
I didn't write my observations to dis-encourage people,
(if so, my sincere appologies)
but to show that their are other (and maybe better) ways.

> Or you could contribute.

Believe me or not, I love free and open software,
and I do contribute to the open source community,
but let everyone do what he/she is good in.
Why do you think I want to replace the use of MatLab and LabView
(and a number of others) with Python ;-)

cheers,
Stef Mientki