Curses sorely lacking an event loop?

Michael Zawrotny zawrotny at sb.fsu.edu
Tue Feb 27 08:13:07 EST 2007

On Tue, 27 Feb 2007 12:27:17 GMT, James Stroud wrote:

>  Is curses really lacking an event loop? Do I have to write my own? I
>  infer from the docs that this is the case. For example, I want the
>  screen to be updated with resize but I find myself waiting for getch()
>  if I want user input, and so the screen must remain ugly until the user
>  presses a key. What am I missing?

I'm not a curses expert, but I can answer this part.  When the screen
is resized, SIGWINCH is sent to the process.  You can use the normal
signal handling apparatus to install a handler that updates the screen
when that signal arrives.

Mike

--
Michael Zawrotny
Institute of Molecular Biophysics
Florida State University                | email:  zawrotny at sb.fsu.edu
Tallahassee, FL 32306-4380              | phone:  (850) 644-0069