Image not displaying in Text widget

Sudipta Chatterjee sudipta.referral at gmail.com
Wed Feb 28 20:09:22 EST 2007

Hi all,

 I am facing a strange problem when I try to embed images in a text widget.
After reading the file via PhotoImage() and then using
text.image_create(INSERT,
image=img), I get a blank place instead of the image. The size of the blank
area under highlighting via the mouse select comes to exactly the size of
the image itself, but the contents of the image are not displaying.

 I have pack() -ed the text widget already and text around this
image_create() function are displaying just fine. But the image's contents
just don't show up! :(

 Any ideas?

Thanks a lot,
Sudipta