Best Free and Open Source Python IDE

Fuzzyman fuzzyman at gmail.com
Thu Feb 8 19:33:48 EST 2007

On Feb 8, 12:03 pm, "Srikanth" <sri1... at gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes,
>
> All I need is a good IDE, I can't find something like Eclipse (JDT).
> Eclipse has a Python IDE plug-in but it's not that great. Please
> recommend.
>
> Thanks,
> Srikanth

There's a new kid on the block (free and OSS) which doesn't get much
press. I've only played with it - but it looks good: Ulipad

I used Spe happily for a couple of years and PythonWin has a good
following. (Windoze only of course.)

I've used Eclipse plus the free PyDev a bit - it seemed very good.
What was your problem with it?

I personally use Wing, which I have a free license for as an OSS
developer. It is commercial (we now use it at work as well) but I like
it a great deal.

Fuzzyman
http://www.voidspace.org.uk/python/articles.shtml