Python does not play well with others

Paul Rubin http
Thu Jan 25 15:07:51 EST 2007

"sjdevnull at yahoo.com" <sjdevnull at yahoo.com> writes:
> I haven't had a need to do anything with OpenSSL from Python; all
> that takes place in the Apache server

That's a reasonable approach for a typical server-side web
application, but there are other types of Python apps that can also
want to use SSL.  It's a pain to have to deal with OpenSSL at all, and
I hope that TLSLite (a very incomplete SSL implementation written in
pure Python) one day becomes complete and does all the stuff that JSSE
does.

> (possibly with some mod_rewrite rules to ensure that certain pages
> are only hit from https and so forth).

Normally you'd do that SSLRequireSSL or SSLRequire, if that matters.