[ANN] XPN 0.7.0
nemesis at nowhere.invalid
Fri Jan 12 21:01:36 CET 2007
XPN (X Python Newsreader) is a multi-platform newsreader with Unicode
support. It is written with Python+GTK. It has features like
scoring/actions, X-Face and Face decoding, muting of quoted text,
newsrc import/export, find article and search in the body, spoiler
char/rot13, random taglines and configurable attribution lines.
You can find it on:
Changes in this release:
* v0.7.0: added basic multiserver support.
This change has required some modifications to the groups db
format, in order to keep your subscriptions you need to export
to a newsrc file from XPN-0.6.5 and reimport it in XPN-0.7.0.
* v0.7.0: now is possible to use Function keys for customized keybindings
* v0.7.0: modified the command used to test the connection in order to
prevent hamster hang-ups.
* v0.7.0: fixed a bug that caused XPN to crash trying to export newsrc
file with empty groups subscribed.
* v0.7.0: fixed a bug in "Apply Scoring and Actions Rules" feature that
caused XPN crashes trying to apply !kill rule.
* v0.7.0: some minor fixes.
XPN is translated in Italian French and German, if you'd like to translate it
in your language and you are familiar with gettext and po-files
editing please contact me (xpn at altervista.org).
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up
where I needed to be.
|\ | |HomePage : http://nem01.altervista.org
| \|emesis |XPN (my nr): http://xpn.altervista.org
More information about the Python-list