confused on python rpc with apache, is it possible?

krishnakant Mane researchbase at gmail.com
Fri Jan 19 08:18:13 EST 2007

hello all.
I will like to know if the following combination is possible.
I have looked around on google and did not find any thing productive
so bothering the list: sorry.
I am developing a distributed application which will have 3 layers
namely the thin client written in wxpython, an application layer on a
server and a database server of course.  database and application
server will be on same physical machine.
what I want to know is if I can use python as the base for developing
the application layer as an rpc server  and use apache server to
handle http remote procedure requests from the client?
if yes then what basic configuration settings I will need?
I believe I must first have apache recognise python interpreter and
then do some settings in apache so that it knows that what is
happening is not a web page request but an xml-rpc application created
in python.
can some one guide me?
thanks
Krishnakant.