A solution to the MSVCRT vs MSVCR71 problem?

Gabriel Genellina gagsl-py at yahoo.com.ar
Sun Jan 21 09:40:57 EST 2007

At Sunday 21/1/2007 05:38, Martin v. Löwis wrote:

>Gabriel Genellina schrieb:
> > This would only work, if runtime dll's were compatibles between them,
> > and they are not. You can't blindly redirect a call to msvcr71.__xyz to
> > msvcr80.__xyz and expect that to work magically - it may have a
> > different number of arguments, or different types, or even may not exist
> > anymore.
>
>Actually, the libraries *are* binary-compatible (on the ABI level). You
>just can't mix two libraries in a single program easily.

That's a good thing - but is this just by accident, or is documented somewhere?
I remember that I tried something like that in
the past, and failed. (Perhaps earlier versions
where not fully backwards compatible - or I didn't try hard enough that time).

--
Gabriel Genellina
Softlab SRL

Preguntá. Respondé. Descubrí.