S2K DTS and Python

Phil Runciman philr at aspexconsulting.co.nz
Wed Jul 11 21:20:27 EDT 2007

-----Original Message-----
From: stefaan [mailto:stefaan.himpe at gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, 11 July 2007 6:47 a.m.
To: python-list at python.org
Subject: Re: S2K DTS and Python

> > However, I now want to update some tables in MSAccess, and it
occurred
> > to me that because Sequel Server 2000 DTS can interface with
scripting
> > languages that maybe I could call my first Python program from
within
> > DTS and then update the tables using DTS. (I am learning DTS hence
the
> > idea).

I have never heard about DTS, so I cannot advise you on that.
But since you mentioned MsAccess, I want to mention that I have
successfully used the DejaVu object relational mapper[1] to access
MsAccess
databases. Other ORMs like SqlObject and SqlAlchemy - to the best of
my knowledge -
do not support MsAccess out of the box (yet?).

[1] http://projects.amor.org/docs/dejavu/1.5.0RC1/

Thanks Stefaan, I will remember DejaVu. It will be useful as I am in an
MS shop.