The best platform and editor for Python

Kay Schluehr kay.schluehr at gmx.net
Thu Jul 5 06:18:50 EDT 2007

On Jul 3, 8:12 pm, cla... at lairds.us (Cameron Laird) wrote:

> Python is simply easier than C++; you might
> well find that a debugger, for example, doesn't feel as essential
> as it is for you with C++.

That's what I love most about the Python community. Whenever there is
just a non-standard, platform-dependent or crappy implementation of a
feature you get told that you don't need it. When printf was good for
little David print is good enough for me.

Among the first things I examine about an IDE ( for Python ) is the
integration of a good REPL and how well recursive functions can be
debugged ( yes, I know, Pythonistas can't recurse and so it is not
recommended as well but sometimes ... )