The best platform and editor for Python

Cameron Laird claird at lairds.us
Tue Jul 3 14:12:28 EDT 2007

In article <1183398645.511107.258700 at n2g2000hse.googlegroups.com>,
kimiraikkonen  <kimiraikkonen85 at gmail.com> wrote:
>Thanks for the replies so far. Also i have to learn:
>
>What is the most reliable and easy way to start learning Ptyhon?
>Books? Trusted code sammples(where?)?
			.
			.
			.
Beside answering your direct questions (which others have already
done well), I think it's important to alert you (as others have
also done, though less directly) that learning and using Python is
different from VC++.  Python is simply easier than C++; you might
well find that a debugger, for example, doesn't feel as essential
as it is for you with C++.  Books might not be as necessary as
they were for C++.

I recommend you at least scan the following:  <URL:
http://wiki.python.org/moin/BeginnersGuide >, <URL:
http://docs.python.org/tut/ >, and <URL:
http://www.poromenos.org/tutorials/python >.