ImportError: MemoryLoadLibrary failed loading

kyosohma at gmail.com kyosohma at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 13:47:01 EDT 2007

Hi,

Recently I began my journey into creating executables. I am using
Andrea
Gavana's cool GUI2EXE program which works very well and that is a GUI
for
py2ece. I am also using Inno Setup to create a script/executable.
Anyway,
today I am putting the program to the test with some volunteer testers
and
I've hit a wall. On the first tester's PC the program installed
beautifully and runs great. The next tester's PC, the program failed
run complaining that MSVCR71.dll didn't exist. I copied that file on
there and now I get the following traceback written to my exe's log
file:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "reminder.py", line 23, in ?
File "zipextimporter.pyo", line 78, in load_module
File "wx\__init__.pyo", line 45, in ?
File "zipextimporter.pyo", line 78, in load_module
File "wx\_core.pyo", line 4, in ?
File "zipextimporter.pyo", line 91, in load_module
ImportError: MemoryLoadLibrary failed loading wx\_core_.pyd

I see other user's have this issue too sometimes and they talk a lot
about
a "gdiplus.dll" file. My user's PC has that file in 4 places on her
computer and my development PC has it in 6 places. Does either DLL
have to
be in a specific location for the executable to find it? Is this
something
else entirely? I tried sticking the gdiplus.dll file in the directory
my
executable runs from too, but that didn't work either.

I have posted this to the wxPython's group and the py2exe group, but
the latter doesn't have much activity and the wxPython suggestions
didn't work.

Thanks a lot!

Mike