Transfer folders to ftp

Gabriel Genellina gagsl-py2 at yahoo.com.ar
Tue Jul 10 20:54:15 EDT 2007

En Tue, 10 Jul 2007 05:44:09 -0300, Laurentiu <laurstorage at yahoo.com>
escribió:

> i am new to python and i made some digging about how
> to send files and folders to ftp server.

Welcome!

> i manage to send a file, but i don't know how to send
> folders with subfolders in it.
>
> please, can someone help me to accomplish this tasks:
>
> 1. send a folder with subfolders to ftp server.

Use os.walk to navigate thru the directory structure, creating new
directories and uploading files as needed.

> 2. make the program invisible... running hide

That depends on the OS and how much invisibility you want.

> 3. send only folder that is different to the host

Most programs check file size, date and time to detect differences. It's
easy if you transfer one-way only.

> i know that this tasks can be easily accomplish with a
> sync program, but i want to make this in python.

Good luck!

--
Gabriel Genellina