The best platform and editor for Python

Alex Martelli aleax at mac.com
Thu Jul 5 23:19:24 EDT 2007

Kay Schluehr <kay.schluehr at gmx.net> wrote:
> half of the community is happy with Emacs and the other half wants to
> program in a VS-like environment, neither consensus nor progress has

Calling all vi/vim users (and we'll heartily appreciate the support of
TextMate fans, BBEdit ones, etc, etc) -- we're at risk being defined out
of existence, since we're neither happy with Emacs nor wanting anything
like Visual Studio, and yet Kay claims that people in either category
make up the whole (one half plus the other half) and so that WE DON'T
EXIST!!!  A ridiculous claim to be sure, but we'd better let Herr
Schluehr know that in no uncertain terms...

Alex