running a Delphi part from Python ?

Stef Mientki S.Mientki-nospam at mailbox.kun.nl
Mon Jul 16 04:13:42 EDT 2007

I'm starting to get used to wxPython (coming from Delphi),
and it seems it can do almost everything I need.

Now one thing I'm missing is a good RichEditor.
I've a good RichEdit in Delphi ...
... so what are the possibilities to include that in Python ?

The most simple for me to do,
seems to create a DLL, which contains the RichEdit and all it's controls,
as an MDI child window.

So how could I interface to some Delphi-DLL in Python ?
And maybe even more complicated,
is a MDI-child written in a Delphi-DLL,
identical to the wxPython MDI-child
( If I remember well, I read somewhere that MDI is implemented in it's own manner,
not equal to the standard Windows MDI interface)

thanks,
Stef Mientki