custom plugin architecture: how to see parent namespace?

escalation746 escalation746 at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 22 23:23:48 EDT 2007

Jorge Godoy wrote:

> escalation746 wrote:
> > I have updated documentation for this on my blog, diagrammes modernes.
> > Surf:
> >http://diagrammes-modernes.blogspot.com/
>
> Your motivation looks a lot like what is solved by setuptools, eggs and
> entry points.

Though that problem domain looks different (installation, app
dependencies), you are no doubt correct that there is functionality
overlap. However, that is a maximal solution while mine is minimal and
hence (maybe) of use to people who prefer a couple dozen lines of code
to an entire package.

-- robin