Best architecture for proxy?

Bjoern Schliessmann usenet-mail-0306.20.chr0n0ss at spamgourmet.com
Tue Jul 10 17:44:37 EDT 2007

Andrew Warkentin wrote:

> I am going to write a general-purpose modular proxy in Python. It
> will consist of a simple core and several modules for things like
> filtering and caching. I am not sure whether it is better to use
> multithreading, or to use an event-driven networking library like
> Twisted or Medusa/ Asyncore. Which would be the better
> architecture to use?

I'd definitely use an event-driven approach with Twisted.

Generally, multithreading is less performant than multiplexing. High
performance servers mostly use a combination of both, though.

Regards,

Björn

--
BOFH excuse #306:

CPU-angle has to be adjusted because of vibrations coming from the
nearby road