Advice on sending images to clients over network

Paul McNett p at ulmcnett.com
Sun Jul 22 13:48:10 EDT 2007

Frank Millman wrote:
> I guess the point of all this rambling is that my thought process is
> leading me towards my third option, but this would be a bit of work to
> set up, so I would appreciate any comments from anyone who has been
> down this road before - do I make sense, or are there better ways to
> handle this?
>
> Any suggestions will be much appreciated.

I would put the images into a static web directory, either on the same
or different server. Then your main server just sends the url (or
relevant portion of the url, or list of all urls to download), and then
the client grabs the images from your image server using urllib.

Let Apache do what it's good at, instead of reinventing that particular
wheel.

--
pkm ~ http://paulmcnett.com