reading data form an ISA port

Gabriel Dragffy gabe at dragffy.com
Wed Jul 25 12:34:32 EDT 2007

Dear list members

I must admit I am a new user of Python, but it is a language that I
enjoy using.

For one of my university projects I need to write a program that can
read several bytes from an ISA port. It has been suggested to me that
I look at using C or Pyinline. If I can I would prefer to continue to
use Python, and Pyinline won't play ball.

I am sure Python can do this for me, but the question is how? What
modules and code do I need to look? I'd be very grateful for any
suggestions and advice.

Best regards

Gabriel Dragffy

gabe at dragffy.com