Spam filter?

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Sat Jul 21 08:51:00 EDT 2007

Danyelle Gragsone wrote:
> So,
>
> Can mailing lists have its mail filtered?  I get more spam via mailing
> lists than I do in my own inbox.  I am not just singling this mailing
> list.  I see it a lot now.

If you had searched the list you would have found that this topic has
been discussed from time to time. The fact of the matter is that a lot
of effort does go into spam filtering this list, and the residual spam
that you see actually represents a very low false negative rate. You
wouldn't believe how much spam gets sent to the active mailing lists and
newsgroups.

If your own spam filtering is so good then maybe you should just
subscribe to python-list instead of using a newsgroup, then your email
filters will be applied to incoming articles from the list too.

Oh, I see you *are* using python-list. So how come your filters don't
work for the spam that gets posted?

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden        +1 571 484 6266   +1 800 494 3119