Python and (n)curses

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Tue Jun 19 03:04:35 EDT 2007

"pinkfloydhomer at gmail.com" <pinkfloydhomer at gmail.com> writes:

> The obvious choice, I thought, was ncurses. But as far as I can
> tell, it is not available for Python on Windows?

More precisely, curses doesn't work natively on Windows, regardless of
whether Python is involved.

As with many "how do I get Unix feature foo on Windows?", one answer
is to download and install Cygwin <URL:http://www.cygwin.com/>. This
gives you a Unix-like environment where you can run a great many
applications, including ones that depend on curses.

For working with curses in Python you might find the Urwid library
helpful. <URL:http://excess.org/urwid/>

--
 \           "I was in a bar the other night, hopping from barstool to |
  `\     barstool, trying to get lucky, but there wasn't any gum under |