Comments appreciated on Erlang inspired Process class.

Paul Boddie paul at
Fri Jun 1 19:48:10 CEST 2007

On 1 Jun, 19:34, "Brian L. Troutwine" <goofyheadedp... at>
> Lately I've been tinkering around with Erlang and have begun to sorely want
> some of its features in Python, mostly the ease at which new processes can be
> forked off for computation. To that end I've coded up a class I call,
> boringly enough, Process. It takes a function, its args and keywords and runs
> the function in another process using os.fork. Processes can be treated as
> callables to retrieve the return value of the passed in function.

This sounds familiar...

Do you have any opinions about those projects listed on the above page
that are similar to your own? My contribution (pprocess), along with
others (processing, pp...), can offer similar facilities, but the
styles of interfacing with spawned processes may be somewhat