easy_install from svn

Rob Cowie cowie.rob at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 12:16:59 EDT 2007

Hi all,

I currently use easy_install to install packages from a custom,
locally hosted package_index. The index consists of a single html doc
with a list of package names and urls. All works well.

I would like to get a little more sophisticated and install a package
from subversion.

My package is structured as described in the setuptools docs.

Simply pointing the url in my package index to svn://my/repo/package/trunk
works, but I would like - and I get the impression it is possible - to
be able to specify a revision number, or a tag and have that version
installed.

Is it simply a case of appending a fragment to the url?
Would anyone be so kind as to provide a working example?

cheers,

Rob Cowie