excel library without COM

kyosohma at gmail.com kyosohma at gmail.com
Sun Jun 3 23:53:43 EDT 2007

On Jun 3, 7:59 pm, james_027 <cai.hai... at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> is there any library to help me write excel files without using win
> com? because i'll be working on linux platform. At the same time I
> could want to perform some formatting, merging of cells. adding sheets
> and etc ...
>
> Thanks
> james

I'm not aware of any modules. However, this thread is on the same
topic and it mentions using html or txt files as possibilities:

http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-list/2002-April/138748.html

I would also think that you could write some kind of custom XML parser/
creator that you could use to create the Excel sheet's structure and
then interface with COM later.

Mike