Customizable GUI package for Win$?

Alex Sentry seyensubs at
Tue Jun 26 12:48:43 CEST 2007

I want to know which GUI package should I turn to if I want to make something resembling MS OneNote.

A lot of packages have "Notebook" style widgets or tabbed stuff, but wxPython's are not really customizable from what I know, and neither are TKs. I'm not sure about pyGTK and it's primarily a Linux GUI package. I'd like to color them(gradients), make them have a custom shape, and other shiny not-so-native stuff.
Yes, to some olde-schoole hackers it might seem shallow, but in all honesty, a slick good comfortable AND good looking interface is like a modern car. Sure, to get from point A to B you could use a lawnmower, but we're not doing that, and for a reason, right? :)