cStringIO change in 2.4 vs 2.5. Regression?

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Fri Jun 1 11:51:33 EDT 2007

"Markus Schöpflin" <nospam at no.spam> wrote in message
news:f3p07k$u62$1 at nntp.ilk.net...
| Hello,
|
| I just stumbled accross a difference between cStringIO in Python 2.4
| and 2.5. You can no longer feed arrays to cStringIO.
[snip]
| Has this change been done on purpose or is it a regression?

I doubt that an intentional change would have been made for cStringIO and
not StringIO.  Two ways to investigate: scan the detailed listing of 2.5
changes for mention of array and cStringIO modules; check the source code
checkin messages for both for the relevant time period.  This might also
suggest who to send an inquiry to who might not be reading here.

If you do not get a satifactory resolution here, file a bug report on SF.
But remember that all bug fixers are volunteers just like you, so any
investigation you do and report on to make response easier will likely make
it quicker also.

tjr