Help Needed in WxPython

kyosohma at gmail.com kyosohma at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 09:15:08 EDT 2007

On Jun 29, 7:50 am, Steve Holden <s... at holdenweb.com> wrote:
> senthil arasu wrote:
> > Hi,
> > Currently Iam integrating GUI Framework in Python.
> > As per design design,I need to use tab buttons to launch different HTML
> > pages in same frame(without launching seperate window ). I have already
> > tried with webbrowser class & WxPython GUI kit. Iam unable to get the
> > expected result.
>
> > I am wanted to be clear..!whether python supports my design or i need to
> > go for some other option
>
> > I need somebody to help me.
>
> > thanks
>
> Could you use the webbrowser module to control presentation of HTML pages?
>
> regards
>   Steve
> --
> Steve Holden        +1 571 484 6266   +1 800 494 3119
> Holden Web LLC/Ltd          http://www.holdenweb.com
> Skype: holdenweb      http://del.icio.us/steve.holden
> --------------- Asciimercial ------------------
> Get on the web: Blog, lens and tag the Internet
> Many services currently offer free registration
> ----------- Thank You for Reading -------------

senthil arasu,

If you're on Windows, you can use wxPython's
wx.lib.iewin.IEHtmlWindow, which wraps Internet Explorer somehow using
ActiveX. I've heard that some of the people in the wxPython user's
group are working on a more generic WebKit, but I don't think it's
done yet. Other than that, the only other module wxPython provides
that I'm aware of is wx.HtmlWindow which is pretty limited.

If the IEHtmlWindow doesn't work for you, then you're probably better
off using webbrowser to open the native browser with the specified
page from within Python/wxPython.

Mike