Changing sound volume

simon kagwe simonkagwe at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 25 08:48:07 EDT 2007

> And finally a way that might work using ctypes:
>
> http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-win32/2006-March/004436.html
>
> Mike

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I had already read about the Snack, but I can't use it since my program uses
wxPython for the GUI and Snack requires tk. The best option was the ctypes
method you told me about. I used the code in the sample, but I am getting the
following error:

exceptions.WindowsError Error 11 while setting volume

The author of the code claims it works. What could be causing the above error?

[ I am using Python 2.4.4 and ctypes 1.0.1 ]

Regards,
Simon