ImageMagick Issue

Facundo Batista facundo at taniquetil.com.ar
Fri Jun 1 09:16:46 EDT 2007

Sick Monkey escribió:

> I ran into another slight problem.  And I attempted to fix it, but have
> not been able to do so yet.  If a filename does not contain a space,
> then this method works like a charm.  But if there is a space then the
> code throws a nasty error.

Ok, the issue is that subprocess.Popen needs a list of the arguments.

So, for simplicity, I made an string and then splitted it:

 >>> s = "ls -l /etc"
 >>> s.split()
['ls', '-l', '/etc']

This does not work if you have spaces, even if you escape them:

 >>> s = "ls -l '/etc/mi file'"
 >>> s.split()
['ls', '-l', "'/etc/mi", "file'"]

But you can always build the list by hand:

 >>> subprocess.Popen(["ls", "-l", "'/etc/mi file'"], ...

Regards,

--
.   Facundo
.