problem with hack using multiple inheritance for plugins

massimo s. devicerandom at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 08:41:18 EDT 2007

On 28 Giu, 13:45, Bruno Desthuilliers <bruno.
42.desthuilli... at wtf.websiteburo.oops.com> wrote:

> wxFrame is obviously a new-style class.

I don't know if it's true, however. I tried that:

>>> class A(object):
...     def __init__(self):
...             print type(self)
>>> a=A()
<class '__main__.A'>

so in fact what I see has something to do with new style classes (if
subclassing 'object' is enough).

The new-style behaviour only appears when wxFrame is plugged with the
current hack.
That is:

- print type(self) in wxFrame alone returns <type 'instance'>
- print type(self) in the plugged (multiply inherited) wxFrame returns
< class '__main__.MainWindowPlugged'>

So the problem is that I acquire a new style behaviour somewhere!

I tried to let the plugin class be a new style class (subclassing
'object': again, I can't find a simple reference about it, I tried to
read www.python.org/doc/newstyle.html links but they are far too much
theoretical for my knowledge) and nothing seems to change at all.

m.