Python's "only one way to do it" philosophy isn't good?

Andy Freeman anamax at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 26 11:49:32 EDT 2007

On Jun 26, 12:26 am, Paul Rubin <http://phr...@NOSPAM.invalid> wrote:
> Precisely, I think that's what Alexander was trying to get across, Lisp
> didn't have a uniform interface for traversing different types of sequence.

And he's wrong, at least as far as common lisp is concerned - map does
exactly that.

http://www.lispworks.com/documentation/HyperSpec/Body/f_map.htm

Map doesn't work on generators or iterators because they're not part
of the common lisp spec, but if someone implemented them as a library,
said library could easily include a map that handled them as well.