What was that web interaction library called again?

John Pye john+news at curioussymbols.com
Mon Jun 25 10:09:45 EDT 2007

Harald Korneliussen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I remember I came across a python library that made it radically
> simple to interact with web sites, connecting to gmail and logging in
> with four or five lines, for example. I thought, "that's interesting,
> I must look into it sometime".

I was looking for something like this recently too. I don't believe
there is anything in the Python world quite as staggeringly
well-designed as the SimpleBrowser component nested within the
SimpleTest framework for PHP. If there is, I would like to know.

http://simpletest.sourceforge.net/en/web_tester_documentation.html

Here is a code snippet:

class TestOfLastcraft extends WebTestCase {
    function testContact() {
        $this->get('http://www.lastcraft.com/');
        $this->clickLink('About');
        $this->assertTitle(new PatternExpectation('/About Last Craft/'));
    }
}